Friday, September 18, 2009

we're still here

Okay, so I know I'm in the "doghouse" with some of the Grandparents for not blogging in months. In my defense, our computer was struck by lightening (was that a sign?) and then I got Gill's laptop which came with lots of unfamiliar stuff. So anyway, we are still here and are happy to try to catch you up on our latest adventures.

Today we went on a field trip with our homeschool group to Orange beach to the aquarium, state park, pier, and planetarium. It was amazing. Orange Beach Elementary school had a couple million dollar facility donated to them from some builders. The planetarium, science lab, and aquarium are located on site behind the elementary school for their use as well as school groups. I was floored with the facility.

Then we had a picnic and went to the state park and walked to the new pier which is like half a mile out to the ocean. It was an amazing day!